Black Sheep

      Growing up, I never felt I fit in within my family. I have two older brothers and then, there is me and then my two younger sisters. I am ten years apart from the first oldest brother, eight years from the other brother, five years apart from my little sister and six years apart from the youngest.  I sometimes felt  lost within my own family and at times taken for granted. It wasn't until adulthood when I realized maybe it is not such a bad thing. Everyone talks about how being the middle child is a joke and being the least respected out of  the family. After years of observation and experience I am starting to see being the middle child makes you resilient.  It makes you strive for greatness more and makes you appreciate the little things in life as well.


       The black sheep, is another name people use to describe the middle child. A term that is out dated and ridiculous. If you are reading this and are a middle child as well, you are not  alone. Even the bad experiences can create learning ones. Instead of being stuck in the middle, how about we shine!  Take action and know that we have the power to change and have control over ourselves to be great.  The next time you hear, "Oh, your the forgotten child." just say , "No, I am the brilliant one!". Middle children need to stop being labeled and mistreated in society, we are the most strongest and most awesome. No more black sheep, we are diamonds and will never stop shinning!

#BlacksheepNomore #DiamondShine


Comments

Popular Posts